Thursday, September 3, 2009

Family time!

There is a new place that opened up near our house that is a drive through sno cone place. We tried it out this last Monday night for Family Home Evening and it was FANTASTIC!!! Family Home Evening is basically something we do on Monday nights that most of the people in our church do as well. We believe we should dedicate at least one evening a week completely to our family, which typically consists of a gospel lesson, followed by some sort of activity and dessert. This night we talked about how families can be together forever, one of the core principles of our belief. We teach the 10 year old Sunday School class, and this also happened to be what we taught them last week. I love knowing that I will be with my family for eternity, it gives me such a peaceful feeling!
Anyhow, after our lesson we went to this sno cone place for the first time and each enjoyed our own drinks! Lucy got a lemonade one, Troy got a cherry one, and I got something called Raspberry Tea Party. IT WAS AMAZING! It was green tea smoothie that was poured over the sno cone, and there were fresh raspberries in the middle of the sno cone and on top. It was the best mix of flavors, and hit the spot!
After the sno cone shop, we went to a nearby park and tried to play soccer with Lucy. She really wanted to just play at the park, so that is what we did. It was a great night!


That is my sno cone, and Lucy trying her best to smile in the background with a mouthful of lemonade sno cone.





We will be making frequent trips here for sure!

7 comments:

Rob and Cherie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob and Cherie said...

So fun! I want a snow cone place near us:)
I guess we're on the same page tonight! I finally updated our blog!

Tawny said...

You have been on a "blogging roll"!!! I can't wait to come over and try that place! I also love Lucy's smile these days...big teeth, squinted eyes, so cute! Great lesson too :)

Lisa said...

Yum! Sounds like a wonderful night. I could get used to Family Home Evening. You know me, anything that involves dessert is a good time. : )

Darci said...

I can't believe that you got there before I did! I totally forgot to go there I will need to remember the nex time I drive by there. They sure look yummy.

Crystal and Kyle said...

MMM... We have this yummy Hawaiian snow cone place by our house, they put vanilla ice cream on the bottom of your snow cone or cream on the top. It's very yummy. You guys should come up here some time. We'll take you to all of the yummy food places :) How's Lucy with the lessons? I should be better at involving Trey more in the lesson.

Abby said...

Yummmm where is this place??? I have to take the boys! They love sno cones!

Lucy is such a cutie, I love this age they are so nice and everything is so new and exciting....then they turn two :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...