Monday, May 17, 2010

Preggo update

We will start with a picture of me at 38 weeks pregnant on Mother's Day.

For those of you who are interested....
at 36 weeks I was 1 1/2 - 2 centimeters dilated
37 weeks I was 2 centimeters dilated
38 weeks I was 3 1/2- 4 centimeters dilated

Currently, today, I am 39 weeks and 3 days. It is Monday, and I am due Friday. I have been having contractions everyday just not consistently since my birthday, April 27th and it is getting VERY ANNOYING! It has been hard because we had Lucy two weeks early ( twelve days ) and we just expected Stetson would be the same. AND my doctor told me at 36 weeks that I DEFINITELY would not make it to my due date. It is all of that false hope that gets you down! Troy is now getting anxiety about it all, so he isn't sleeping much, and I am definitely not sleeping much at all! I am feeling bad about Lucy, these are our last days together, and I can barely MOVE! Nothing is comfortable, and she has kind of started throwing fits a lot lately, I think due to all the new "baby brother" talk. It hasn't been horrible, but it definitely makes me not want to go out of the house all the time ( for many reasons ). Right now she is with my mother in law who decided to get Lucy out of the house and take her to dinner and ice cream. She was SO happy. We have been having some good cuddle time and bonding time, it just makes me feel bad that its not super duper fun probably to her.
Just wanted to update anyone who was reading or wanting to know. My next dr. appt. is Wed at 11:40am. I am hoping obviously to NOT make it to that appt., but if I do, I hope I am dilated to a 5 . I keep hoping for more progress, more progress, any of that kind of news is good. Just hoping that its not very much longer!
( I also have had bad anxiety about the fact that I have to actually DELIVER this baby--and nightmares of Lucy's birth come to mind---but dealing with Troy's anxiety has led me to not have to think about that as much because I am worrying about someone else!)
Phew! Hope that all made sense!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...