Looking back on 2008...wow what a year!!
Things that stick out in my mind....
- a brand new baby girl-- she was 4 days old when it turned 2008.
- the birth of our nephew Trey
-living with the in-laws
- celebrating Lucy turning 1, Troy turning 25 and I turned 27
- buying our first place!
- getting a dog!
- making new friendships and rekindling some and it has been SO nice and refreshing for us!
-continuing the blog and making new friends because of it
- I started cooking more and taking risks
-Troy started delving more into his passion of photography
- I started to get a passion..haha...for sewing...hopefully 2009 will bring many projects and much more confidence for me!
-a trip to Vegas and then St George at 6 weeks and then 8 months for Lucy
- a business ( well I can call school business right? it is my work!) trip to New Orleans
This is just a list of the things I could remember quickly..I am sure I am forgetting some..but the most important one is working on our family and our faith. I know we all make mistakes, but those are the times in which we learn the most. Then, after we have learned, we pick up the pieces and move forward.
I have been VERY fond of a crockpotting blog ( the link is on the right...it says crockpot recipes) where this woman made a new years resolution to make something in her crockpot every single day of 2008. She not only accomplished this, but she is now publishing a book with the recipes. SHe totally became famous!
I can not say that I will be as disciplined..but I do want to say I learned A TON from her. I want to be more goal oriented and disciplined like her. I am great at setting goals, but horrible at reaching them.
Here are some of the areas I want to work on this next year....I hope that I will stay motivated to accomplish them, all I need to think about is the Crockpot lady to try and keep on track!
- taking vitamins daily ( i never took more than 1 my whole pregnancy--thank goodness Lucy is healthy)
-Journal ( or even blog about life events) more often ( notice I didnt say everyday? ) I dont want to set a goal I will not be able to achieve
- be less rigid with Lucy every once in a while and just let loose. I have to maintain a schedule during the week because we both work, but other than that, I need to give every once in a while and just let Lucy be..... on the same note, thanks to my friend Darci, I am realizing I need to teach Lucy to be an independent girl. I am going to struggle with it, but I am not going to come to her beckon call. I am going to allow her to find out things on her own, explore, and learn to have fun doing it! Thanks Darci!
-finally--- SEW! My sewing machine I got on Dec 19th is in the shop already, it came broken to me, so I havent gotten to sew anything! BUT as soon as I get it back I am going to try my best to get started having fun and sewing. My first project is a scarf and hat for Lucy. What I love the most about all of it is that Troy wants to learn to along with me, so it makes it even that much better. I love you Honey!
What things are you wanting to work on this year?